Vision and Aims
St. John’s – high standards through a caring community
WHAT IS OUR CORE PURPOSE?
St. John’s Church of England Primary School is a happy, vibrant community with Christian values. Our school is committed to nurture and celebrate the varied talents of all our children, to enable them to achieve the best possible progress through creative learning experiences, which prepare them for life and the challenges they will meet. We will achieve this through focusing on:
- Core standards
- Life skills
- Wider opportunities
- Christian Values
HOW WILL WE ACHIEVE IT?
Our aims are:
- To have high expectations of all our children, particularly with regard to behaviour.
- To work as a team towards our shared goals – with colleagues, children, families, governors, church and the wider community.
- To provide a well-managed, safe environment in which our school community can learn.
- To provide high quality teaching to meet the individual needs of all our children, within a broad, balanced and creative curriculum.
- To focus on how we learn as well as what we learn.
- To promote responsibility and initiative within our school, local, British and global community.
- To help our children to develop spiritual and cultural understanding.
- To promote moral principles and Christian values such as love, service, sacrifice, truth, respect, tolerance, caring for others.
- To provide a curriculum that supports keeping safe, staying healthy, enjoying and achieving, contributing to the community and social and economic well-being.
- To actively encourage strong home-school links.
- To provide an ethos that helps to develop self-confident, well-motivated children with a high self-esteem and a love of learning.
- To provide many opportunities for the children to develop socially and emotionally and practice the skills of communication, sharing and friendship.